Friday, August 26, 2011

Frock Gets Glossy

Back in May, Frock was approached by  local design company www.villanova.co.uk who had an interesting proposition. They explained that they were launching a new range of fifties inspired fabrics and wallpapers. One of the designs featured an illustration of a lady wearing a dress similar to our Bombshell shape and wondered if we could make three dresses in the same style. These dresses would then be used in the advertising campaign in September.

We made the dresses in June and have been waiting patiently to see the results. Then, yesterday, I received an email informing me that the advert was out and would be appearing in the September and November issues of Ideal Home, Living Etc, and Homes and Gardens.

Today  I legged it down to W.H Smith, in the pouring rain, to grab myself copies and felt very proud as I flicked through the mags and saw my dresses in the gorgeous, glossy ads.

Unfortunately, I couldn't find a copy of Homes And Gardens, I will have to keep looking for that, but here are some photos of the magazines I did find.
















The dresses have been sent to showrooms in Holland, Germany and London and I have also been asked to make two more for the showrooms in the U.S. Good or what?


Image taken from the Villa Nova website.







No comments:

Post a Comment